Monday, May 4, 2009

We will survive....


Well without a doubt, the past week has been one of the roughest ones we've had in awhile. While we are still alive and happy to see another day, it almost didn't seem like we were going to survive some days. Everything from the car exploding, to the threat of losing a job, to the dog being sick and simply the lack of sleep, it's been one heck of a week. One that is intensified with hormones and the thought of how are we going to make it? All I can say is, prayer and then laughter.
It is with great sadness that I have laid to rest my 1998 Nissan Altima w/ 221.000 miles. "Ally" and I have had great times together...like high school, college, road trips during Spring Break, and even the little stickers that were given to me by my nephew when he was 1. It was just so hard to let a good thing go, but that good thing almost caught on fire. That's when I knew I had to call it quits. So we welcome our new addition, a 2005 VW Jetta. It's a cute little thing and we got a great deal on it! It has roughly 170K miles LESS than what we are accustomed to. We hope to hold on to this car and drive it into the ground just like the Altima. I personally love the sunroof...
I'm just a sunroof kind of girl. So now that we have survived this week, and many thanks to family and friends who drove me around, listened to me cry, and helped us make a tough decision, I do believe we will survive.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, Jeff, Doggies and last but not least, Baby Mac...you guys rock. Everyone looks so great, and I'm so sorry about your car. No new name yet for the "silver bullet?" How about "the sleek seal..." Hey, it's not 3am yet, so the creative inspiration isn't flowing. Anyway, loved the conversations this week..how was the Sunday Concert? Take care, and I hope you don't get fired this week! Love, Kim and All.

    ReplyDelete