Monday, April 13, 2009

Baby McDonald - 20 wks

Our visit to the Dr. today was a good one! We had great reports from everyone which is always a blessing to hear. Baby Mac is growing nicely and weighs 14oz. He/She will be 1 lb by next week! This puts Baby Mac ahead of schedule (at roughly 20 wks & 4 days) as far as his/her growth schedule even though I'm only 20 wks. I'm guessing it's going to be a big baby - go figure! Baby Mac's HR was 165 as it's climbed from the 150's we've been used to seeing in the beginning. Also, since it seems to be the famous question, I've only gained 9 lbs so far. I think a pound was from all the candy I ate during the Easter weekend. In addition, Baby Mac's heart chambers, liver, kidneys, and stomach have formed nicely. Also forming nicely are it's eyes, lips (no cleft palate), backbone, legs and 10 fingers and 10 toes!!


I have started feeling movement...which I have to say is just awesome. I have been having pain under my left diaphragm. Come to find out, Baby Mac's rear end is on that side. That would be the reason for the pain when walking, shortness of breath and aching on this particular side. Who knew!


4 comments:

  1. Oh MY GOSH! Those sonograms pics are priceless! I LOVE IT! Our Baby Mac is growing soooo well! I'm not sure I see a golf swing, or a fancy drawing pencil in hand yet...but I bet it's coming! I'm so glad you have this! So hard to be away from you guys with this baby on the way!
    We miss you!!!!! Love you!!!!
    Les, Phil and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so do you have other sonogram photos...ones from the bottom side. I want to look and play doctor (and of course, not tell you my opinion)!!! I am so happy you are all up to date now Mrs. Blogger. Glad to have another story to read about on here and I will have to show you the other bells and whistles of your blog. Your options are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope that Baby Mac has some smart brains in that head - I can't seem to think these days....

    And no bottom pics. They didn't even take one!! They are good docs/techs for not even tempting us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am so glad that everything looks great with Baby Mac!! I can't wait to meet this sweet little one and have all of our kiddos grow up together!!

    ReplyDelete