Monday, April 27, 2009

What a weekend...

Thanks a bunch to my wonderful Mother who slaved her life away at our house this past weekend. She is such a trooper for helping us get the nursery ready for B. Mac!! Luckily, we aren't doing much as times don't lend themselves to getting "carried away". But she painted every square inch of that room. "Mom, I think you missed a spot!!" hehehe - Just Kidding!

I think the most special item in the nursery, however, is the changing table/dresser. This item was purchased by my parents for my older sisters when they were 2 & 4 yrs old. I'm sure my parents NEVER thought that the dresser purchased so long ago would be used for their grandchild. I just think it's sweet. Just a note: this dresser is being held together by the ten layers of paint that is has endured over the past 30+ years. Once the crib arrives, which was so kindly purchased by Jeff's parents, I will take more pics of the finished room. Also to come is a custom shelf that Grandpa Leonard is going to make for above the dresser. That will be special to have along with all the other items people have so kindly given for B. Mac. A few more details to add to the room and then it will be ready!!

And of course, I have to show off the clean closet! It's amazing what a little organization skills can do....and a yard sale. Whew! Poor Jeff had to find a new home for his beloved golf clubs. There's just no more room in B.Mac's closet. The brown item in the closet is the bumper for the crib (thanks to my sisters) and of course, a box of diapers and clothes that have already been purchased. Have to love consignment sales! All in all, it was a great weekend. Never a dull moment in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment